Friday, November 30, 2007

rainy day

Today started off with the plip-plip-plip of raindrops on the window. It woke me from a restful sleep to the pleasant vanilla-y feeling of Friday. Cleaned for about an hour, worked out for half... felt the flow of endorphins, took a shower... Drove through the rain (nice, don't have to wash the car now!) and headed into the office.
Arrived and plugged in the xmas lights and snowman - yep I decorated the cube =) The rain made me think of Mammoth, hope they are getting some powdery snow...
Then had a nice live meeting teleconference with my project team (they are spread across 3 states: cali, texas, and new jersey)... The project is on track, not only with the business requirements, but with some of the process improvements I'm keen on implementing to increase quality.

I do like telling people what to do =) not in a domineering way, but more in an instructional way... (perhaps that is more annoying? ... nah =)

After lunch (not going to pizza hut's pizza buffet again soon), the day wrapped up pretty quickly... got some new requirements spec'd out and had another productive meeting with the front end team (our customers)...
stayed a bit later at the office than I should have, but had a nice conversation with another overly dedicated coworker (who happens to be cute) about corporate jargon.

On the way home, the plesantness of the day started to fade. Driving home in the dark is a bit of a bummer - I'd rather see a sunset, or at least the fading light of day. The roads were flooded, which means they are not well built for rain, and end up with pools of water all over. Luckily there weren't many others on the road, since I don't have much trust in my fellow San Diegans wet driving skillz.

I got out of the car, and the rain, as strong rain typically does, especially this time of year, made me think of cuddling up with a cup of hot chocolate... and a certain special someone. A certain someone who no longer wishes to cuddle with me. Maybe some similar thoughts did cross her mind today though? She's so close (less than 2 miles) and yet so far (she hasn't called and only IM'd once all week). I'm giving her space, just cause it seems to be the right thing to do... the opposite tactic, at any level all the way up to suggesting we elope in vegas, didn't have the intended effect, so I really have no choice. Well, if I can't be with her, I'm going to have to start imagining that another can take her place. Plenty of girls out there would be happy to cuddle with me!

No comments: