Thursday, December 6, 2007

artistic types vs. intellectual types

It's interesting when different types of people mingle... went to a happy hour event in downtown San Diego with a bunch of artistic type people. Didn't realize that it would be Actors, Models, Dancers, etc at the event, I actually went cause I was invited by a girl I had some interest in a few years ago (before dating my ex). Turns out that now she's living with a boyfriend, and I'm not the type to interfere with something like that. I like to see people happy together - figure if it's meant to be disrupted someone else can do that. However, the waitress was digging me (according to some of the fellow bar goers), so I did get her contact info 0=)

I like artistic people, and even though I value my own creativity, I think I'm more of an intellectual. There's definitely something to be said for opposites attracting... For instance, when assembling a team to accomplish some task, you are likely to have a much more effective team if you pick a diverse group. Some creative, some disciplined, some risk takers, some strong, some quick acting, some planners, etc.
At this event, they were raising money for foster kids xmas presents and at the end of the night, were happy to have raised $67. Surely they spent more on the event than $67, but they were still happy. Artistic types have that energy and enthusiasm, but if paired with someone who was more numbers driving, they could have raised at least 5x that - maybe 10x.

I did have a blast at the event, despite the unavailability of the chica who invited me... Chatted with some interesting people that I just don't run into in day to day life. Like a male model/actor, an openly gay tech consultant, and a female Caucasian break dancer.
Plus, potato and bacon pizza is awesome! Gonna have to add some more artistic people to the circle of friends I talk to frequently.

No comments: