Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Ruth's Cris

Grand-boss and director took myself and 2 coworkers to Ruth's Cris steakhouse tonight - as a reward for solving a big production issue. It was a very nice dinner, steak was great, wine was good, but the highlight was the Sweet Potato Casserole w/Pecan Crust - that was absolutely amazing. I may have to try cooking it (found a promising recipe) just so I could be a hit at holiday events ;-)

Afterwards drove by the ex's apartment - just to drive by - not sure exactly why... Was just thinking about her. Since I do believe everything happens for a reason, does it make sense that I'm not supposed to get married anytime soon? I thought I had the perfect girl - she was super nice and loving for 3.5 years, but it's crazy now - talked to her on IM today, and it's hard to understand what she's saying except that she's deliberately trying to hurt me. Perhaps it's some kind of test? How could someone switch from being so nice to being so cruel? Perhaps she doesn't even realize it.
I suppose it's not possible to read into fate more than knowing that I wasn't meant to get married to her... right now... oh well. Maybe in life there just isn't much direction on such important questions - it's up to however each individual wants to play it.
Logically, I have swung so far away from thinking that marriage is even a good idea, but whenever I see a cute little kid running around, it reminds me why the idea could be attractive. Damn genetic programming! LOL

No comments: