Wednesday, October 31, 2007

My weaknesses

For some reason I feel like analyzing my weaknesses. I think it's an attempt to boost my mood, but I don't quite understand why that would help. So here they are:
  1. self-doubt
  2. dancing
  3. recognizing faces
  4. keeping in touch with friends and family
  5. timeliness
  6. sales skills
  7. hard on self
  8. karaoke
  9. issues with back pain
  10. billiards
  11. poor vision
  12. mild acne from time to time
  13. decorating
  14. poker

besides the internal naggings of self-doubt, which I imagine is a struggle for a high percentage of people in this world; I don't think any of those are that bad.

I'm sure the positive would far out weigh the negative. Which I suppose is what I'm trying to tell myself. ok then, I'm glad

...

I didn't initally intend to make a list of strengths, but somehow the weaknesses by themselves leave me unfullfilled, so here goes:

  1. open-minded, experimental, adventurous
  2. optimistic, glass is half full view of life
  3. persistent
  4. learn new things fast
  5. believe that every person / situation has something to offer or to teach
  6. see other's perspective: empathetic, thoughtful, considerate
  7. disciplined and hard working
  8. analytical & contemplative
  9. solution finder
  10. sense of humor (that occasionally makes others laugh in addition to myself)
  11. self-less (sometimes to a fault)
  12. not unattractive
  13. like to read, life-long learner
  14. generous at times
  15. I don't abuse substances or people
  16. generally friendly and get along well with others
  17. Although I often feel that I should do more to help others, generally supportive and helpful
  18. there for any friends in need
  19. productive software developer
  20. decent memory
  21. generally healthy
  22. love my family
  23. honest with myself and others
23 strengths vs 14 weaknesses - score! =)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Timeliness should be number 2.